Subject: Re: favorite scenes
From: Bob Hadfield <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 5 Dec 2016 07:53:33 -0500

I too often find myself thinking about favorite scenes and moments.  Like many of us, i am
sure mine are too numerous to mention them all.  off the top of my head, here are a few
moments that always bring cathartic tears, Monsieur Triquet's little scene and his lovely
couplets in Onegin, the Flemish Deputies in the Auto da Fe scene of Don Carlo ( just heard this
last Thursday night in Zürich - the six young singers were the picture of youthful innocence
and zeal and sang mellifluously.)  I adore Lauretta and Rinuccio's little duet about Fierenze at
the end of Gianni Schicchi, the sailors shouting out the arrival of King Marke at the end of the
first act of Tristan and Isolde, the fact that all of the friends are together at Mimi's death and
that she mentions each by name in her final moments.  Hundreds more.