Subject: Love From Afar (Review)
From: Genevieve Castle Room <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sun, 4 Dec 2016 21:53:56 -0500

Ms. Svokos wrote:

>"I didn’t particularly enjoy the opera. I’m not obligated to fully enjoy a
woman’s opera just because it was by a woman, just as I was not obligated
to fully support a woman’s campaign just because she was a woman. An opera
is an opera. You enjoy some more than others."

https://medium.com/@asvokos/the-met-operas-glass-ceiling-
broken-4d8bc7ff0f17#.7oc17ovbn

Mr. Seckerson wrote:

>"Beautiful but precious – which is ultimately the opera’s problem, too.
This is a piece which rejoices in the old adage that it is better to
journey than to arrive. Its fulfilment is as nothing compared to its
promise."

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/classical/
reviews/saariaho-lrsquoamour-de-loin-love-from-afar-
english-national-opera-london-coliseum-1731667.html