Subject: Re: Met broadcasts in Dallas
From: Jon Goldberg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sun, 4 Dec 2016 21:16:55 -0500

This happened in Boston some years ago when the non-NPR classical station decided to
stop carrying the broadcasts. Luckily we had another station that grabbed them up - and
that turned out to be a very good decision overall.

At least it *is* possible to listen to other stations that stream on the web (and there are
plenty), in addition to Sirius, which carries the Saturday broadcasts as well as the
weeknight ones. A few radio stations around the globe also stream the Met broadcasts at
delayed times (from a few hours later to a few weeks later). It's not quite like the old days
when we all depended entirely on our FM radios.

I do hope, though, that another station in Dallas will step up to the plate.

On Sun, 4 Dec 2016 18:07:41 -0600, gordon young <[log in to unmask]>

Modify your settings: