Subject: Re: Anna Netrebko
From: Jon Goldberg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sun, 4 Dec 2016 14:40:34 -0500

I enjoyed her Manon yesterday as well. I am glad she backed out of Norma - it is time that
she stuck to roles that don't have much florid/coloratura singing - she's always been
messy at that. I do find Turandot a very odd choice, but whatever...

On Sun, 4 Dec 2016 09:26:57 -0600, John Irving <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>You heard correctly!  It does not make sense to me when she could, and would be a fine
Aida.  Other roles she could explore would be the BALLO Amelia, and Gioconda.  She had
prepare NORMA but back out;  she would have made a fine Norma.  TURANDOT would be
a stretch  for her, but who knows(?).   I enjoyed yesterday's broadcast.  Cheers.