Subject: Re: Anna Netrebko
From: Sergio da Silva <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sun, 4 Dec 2016 13:39:41 -0500

We all know Gelb is an idiot, I just didn’t know how much of an idiot he is :-) I don’t remember he said she was going to sing Turandot.
Anyway am I the only one who notices the deterioration of Netrebko’s voice? The tone is getting too thick, making vowels occluded and the vibrato too unwieldy, out-of-control. Only the high notes seem to be there. So in a way, it kind of makes sense she’d sing Turandot, but it’d further damage her voice, but the choice is ultimately hers.