Subject: Gladys's and vocal longevity
From: R PRADA <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sun, 4 Dec 2016 09:47:17 -0500

> Flagstad
This woman's attacks are what saved her voice. Every one was imperceptible. She then swelled rather quickly to the volume she wanted the note to have, all the way to ff.

That gentle initiation is what preserved her vocal cords.

In those who have vocal troubles you will nearly always observe a more abrupt vocal onset. Onset: I hate the word. To me denotes merde happens. The opposite of vocal control.

That precision attack is what I teach, and learned myself. It's money in the bank!