Subject: Re: Del Los Angeles' Desdemona
From: Don <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sun, 4 Dec 2016 07:20:55 -0700

Don't know if anyone remembers but she recorded an amazing Suor Angelica
with Serafin conducting.  To me she is absolutely perfect in the role with
no over-the-top emotion and every note beautifully sung.  It's my favorite
recording of that role.  Senza mama has to be a tough aria to sing without
losing it; I know it brings tears to my eyes every time I hear it but then
I'm Italian and Catholic so it very naturally grabs me by the huevos.
 She is also one of the few voices who sounds young enough in the Gianni
Schicci aria also in that Trittico box.
dond

--
It's amazing how useful it can be.