Subject: Del Los Angeles' Desdemona
From: Laurence Hoffman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sat, 3 Dec 2016 13:20:54 -0500

Del Los Angeles was a wonderful Desdemona. One of my very favorites. Milanov instead of
De Los Angeles. Lolol. I saw Tebaldi's Desdemona in 1955 and later performances. She was
perfection in the role at that time. Both Tebaldi and Del Los Angeles were marvelous as
Desdemona.  VdlA certainly HAD the voice for the role.  Milanov's Desdemona was BTW fine,
but not in their class IMNSHO.  I guess Arbe never saw the divine VdlA in her prime years.