Subject: Re: Enough about Cuba!!!
From: Les Mitnick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 1 Dec 2016 14:36:03 +0000

Gotta go with you on this one. So Castro is dead................he was 90 and I can assure you that he made enough lives miserable and was responsible for the loss of many.
He began as a rebel and morphed into a dictator. That he managed to last for 55 years is beyond comprehension. I was in eighth grade when that puny little bearded "beatnik" rose to power and over the last six decades became totally sick of looking at him. If there were a few that praised the revolution in the beginning (because of the policies of Batista, who was also a bastard), their hopes were soon dashed. And how well I remember being terrorized with the thought that I'd be dead at the age of fourteen during the week of October 19, 1962, when the world held its breath over the Soviet missals in Cuba pointed in every direction in North and Central America.
Good, bad, or whatever, an epoch has come to an end, and if the Cubans in Miami are rejoicing, they have every right to.
I could understand the prolonged reaction over the presidential election, but I really don't think the observations about Castro are all that helpful. We've ALL lived with this guy for most of our lives, and his passing was inevitable.
Moving on ---------------- does anyone know whether Angela Gheorghiu is doing anything these days? It's almost as though she's slipped from the radar. Ditto for Deborah Voigt ----- is she still singing? CAN she still sing? Can she sing ANYTHING anymore?????????????

Les