Subject: Vocal longevity (Re: Late Flagstad recordings)
From: Vesna Danilovic <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 2 Dec 2016 18:52:46 -0500

On Fri, Dec 2, 2016 at 5:45 PM, Stephen Charitan <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

> The only singer I can think of to match Flagstad's ability to satisfy and
> inspire over a comparable span of time is Barbara Cook.

The other day, one of our listers reminded us of the anniversary of Mark
Reizen's death, a great Russian bass. His voice sounded as fresh in his
older age as on his earliest recordings.

I would also put Nicolai Gedda into this category and, of course, among
sopranos there is Mariella Devia, still thrilling at 68 and in some of the
most challenging roles, including the DEVEREUX Elisabetta.

Vesna