Subject: Paul Robeson and a couple rants
From: Scott Grunow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 2 Dec 2016 14:06:34 -0500

I've been listening to some of his recordings on youtube. I find them comforting in a time when the dystopian vision I have seen repeatedly, like Cassandra in Les Troyens and like the vision the Old Prioress sees on her agonizing deathbed), since last year(I intuited the results of the "election" would happen, but I ignored it, and I know from experience, my intuition, however terrifying, is never wrong; I am an INFJ personality), is now coming to pass in this now-blighted land.

Two of my favorites:  Jerusalem Lord God of Abraham, from Elijah, yeah, I know, transposed down.

And yeah, I know about  Robeson's political leanings. Well, one person I know in this election cycle called me a Communist. Oh, the horror. I say, Good!  So there! This person makes Archie Bunker look liberal. A gay, kinky, white, retired cop. Bitter even though he enjoys a comfortable retirement. Lucky him. Guess who he voted for? Not the blue candidate. This person is also a terrible misogynist. Awful. But he takes good care of his 92-year-old mother. But is your mother technically a woman? I digress.

Back one point: I guess one would classify him as a basso profundo. Anyone think he could have sung opera?

Modify your settings: