Subject: Re: L'amour de Loin
From: Estelle Gilson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 2 Dec 2016 09:08:19 -0800

Hi, Kathy,

I was listening too - and surprised that there were no comments on the list.
I got the DVD just to "learn" as much as I could of the music.   The
chorus which is not seen in the DVD made a much stronger impression
in the broadcast.  And the orchestra under Malkki seemed much more
vigorous - much more a  voice in telling the story than in the
DVD.   But those  could just be audio problems.   And Owen worried me
at the beginning too

Looking forward to the HD.

Estelle