Subject: Re: Merrill
From: ANGELO MAMMANO <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 2 Dec 2016 09:32:23 -0500

It was Traubel that particularly rankled Bing.  He felt that her work in Las Vegas

was beneath the dignity of a Metropolitan Opera singer.  Merrill did apologize to

Bing and for that reason was allowed to appear in the opening night Don Carlo.

If he hadn't been allowed to do that the role of Posa would have possibly gone

to the great Leonard Warren. BTW Merrill's movie Aaron Slick...  (sic) seems to

have disappeared.  Anyone know where it is today?

Angelo from Boston