Subject: Re: A Bitter Pill For Feminists
From: Ken Wilson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 2 Dec 2016 07:46:56 -0500

I hate political correctness too -  "all men [and women] are created equal"
in dignity, but they're hardly equal in talent and ability. But in regards
to the dearth of female composers, the obvious question is how many great
ones we might have had if women had been as free as men to compose. Any
talent, no matter how great, can be suppressed if the talented person is
deprived of the time and education and opportunity to develop and showcase
her gift.

L'Amour de Loin sounded wonderful last night, and I have more of Saariaho's
work cued up on You Tube now. I can't wait for the HD!

Ken