Subject: Re: A Bitter Pill For Feminists
From: Ken Wilson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 7 Dec 2016 10:01:44 -0500

Right. The question isnít what's stopping individual female composers from
reaching the greatest heights. One might as well ask why John Adams, Phillip
Glass, Steve Reich, Nico Muhly et al. haven't reached them. The question is
why female composers as a group haven't equaled male composers as a group,
and the obvious response is that the competition, as it were, hasn't been
fair, because the first group has been kept so much smaller than the latter.
If Hilary Clinton had been elected president, would we judge her against
Abraham Lincoln and FDR and conclude men make better presidents?

Ken