Subject: Re: RIP Frank Drake
From: william kasimer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Tue, 6 Dec 2016 14:44:56 -0500

On Mon, 5 Dec 2016 12:58:40 -0500, Bob Rideout <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>I'm very sad to hear this. He and Bill Fregosi were the first two
>people to write to me after I sent my very first post way back
>in 1995.

My experience mirrors Bob's.  Frank was always quick with a pleasant public or private
response to my early posts on Opera-L, 20+ years ago.  And his generosity about sharing
his knowledge, and inside information about goings-on in Chicago (IIRC, he sang in the
Chicago Symphony Chorus) were among the reasons I stayed on Opera-L.

He was friendly with a great many well-known singers, but never flaunted that fact here.
And I don't remember him ever having a bad word to say about *any* singer - at least
publicly.  But he did have his favorites!

I believe that he's been ill for quite a while, and I've missed his participation here.

Rest in peace, Frank - and give my regards to Enrico, Lauritz, and the rest....

Bill