Subject: Re: RIP Frank Drake
From: Jean Scarr <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Tue, 6 Dec 2016 11:12:19 -0500

I, too, am so sorry to learn of Frank's death.  I met him on several of my visits to Chicago - a truly  gracious host.  At one of these occasions at his home, his special guest was Ben Heppner.  It was shortly after the release of the Solti "Meistersinger". Those of us present listened to the Prize Song while Ben narrated his feelings.  Frank was so knowledgeable about all things musical.  I first met him because of opera-l.  He will be missed.  Jean