Subject: L'amour de Loin
From: Kathy Boyce <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 2 Dec 2016 00:54:52 -0500

A company premiere tonight at the Met, and in spite of a slow start by
Eric Owens, there was much to be excited about.  I was this opera in
Santa Fe and loved it, and will try to get into the city to see this
production, but will certainly see it it in HD.

But I have heard nothing from anyone else on the list.  They are too
busy fighting about who knew what when on Cuba, and why Merrill was
fired, and other ancient history.  Too bad if they missed a new opera -
well actually the Salzburg Premiere was 15 years ago, so hardly new.
But new to NYC and the Met, and one would thing would warrant some
mention.  The voices as heard online, seemed to fit the roles well, with
the previous mention of Owens slow start.  The chorus added depth to the
listening experience, and now I more than ever want to see it live ,
even if it is in HD.

--
Kathy Boyce
New Hampshire