Subject: Re: Victoria de los Angeles
From: Daniel Tritter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 5 Dec 2016 17:12:51 -0500

i have read all the posts here on the subject of victoria de los angeles,
from
some enthusiasts, from some tone deaf, from some alleged  vocal
pedagogues, and from outright halfwits. i heard this artist from the
mid-'50's
in opera and concert and recital until her last appearances in  new york.
i have likewise listened to nearly all her commercially recorded (and some
privately recorded) output. the caviling and allegedly technically negative
commentary here and elsewhere is , frankly, beneath contempt and is
the clearly moronic negativity of some loggionisti with some private agenda
to elevate another singer to his/her private hall of fame. the vocabulary
of this commentary is at best juvenile, at worst a self-condemnation
unworthy
of opera-l or any otherwise serious group. to take seriously the pathetic
statements here about one of opera's/vocal music's most enduring great
artists is beneath contempt.

dft