Subject: Re: Guitan's comments on Victoria de los Angeles
From: Scott Grunow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 5 Dec 2016 18:35:49 -0500

Victoria de los Angeles made some wonderful recordings in the 1960s. I will admit the Antonia in Hoffmann came too late, but her Charlotte Werther is lovely, and shows her voice range was more like a falcon. Oh that she would have sung Mignon!

And she still sang a superb Elsa in South America in 1964.

Here is one of my favorite recordings she made, Angelina's final rondo from La Cenerentola.  I claim if the Rossini opera seria roles were more popular in her prime, she would done the Colbran roles superbly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Y0jR_yEHtk

Mezzomaniac