Subject: Re: No amour from FT review for Saariaho's opera at the Met
From: "Mitchell, Katalin" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 5 Dec 2016 19:50:40 +0000

I saw Akhnaten both at City Opera and just now at LA Opera, both wonderful
productions that totally do justice to the score, which I also loveā€¦. But
I am surprised Gelb did not mention that Matthew Aucoin, who conducted the
LAO production of Akhnaten, also has a commission from the MET for an
opera in one of the upcoming seasons.
On 12/5/16, 1:03 PM, "Discussion of opera and related issues on behalf of
[log in to unmask]" <[log in to unmask] on behalf of