Subject: Re: Josef Schmidt (formerly, OPERA/Lanza/Schmanza)
From: Isaac Alan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Tue, 29 Nov 2016 22:22:10 +0000

Thank you Willian Kasimer, it may be news to you that not everything is about you or your opinions.

I was not referring to you or anything that you might have written. I hadn't even read your comments on the subject.

As for comprehending  the English language,  my statement [quote]"Anyone who thinks that Mario Lanza couldn't sing opera is seriously impaired in one way or another."[unquote] is directed to just that, "anyone" not as you have interpreted it "someone" and specifically YOU.

Mario Lanza did sing Pinkerton in Madame Butterfly, and he sang many operatic arias on stage during concerts, I only have English as my native language, but I feel certain that this constitutes singing opera, if not establishing him as an opera singer.

Please try to remember Mr Kasimer, that you are not the centre of the universe, and you do not need to be rude and uncouth in your discussions or replies on Opera-l.

Regards,

Isaac Alan