Subject: Re: Castro, etc. and his good side.
From: Rcfgodoy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sun, 27 Nov 2016 11:51:57 -0500

I guess there will always be revisionists of history - glorifying evil when convenient, dismissing genius when it doesn't conform - but this is too much.

"the envy of the world"???  Is that why millions of Cubans left their homeland, risking life and limb, and having to start over - mostly in the US, but all over the rest of the world????  Maybe there were some firing squads, but there were a lot of people jailed for being opposed to the system.  There wonderful health care system was built up for foreigners and exporting services for cash - not for the Cuban people.  The education system, and I have this from the experience of a friend of mine, was nothing more than a glorified work camp - a few classes in the morning, then working the fields, back to the classroom, back to the fields, and then to bed; because you didn't live at home.

Batista was a horrible person that stole millions of dollars and ruined many lives - but Castro took a thriving country that was the envy of the world until 1960; and he made it into one of the worse places on Earth. Crumbling buildings, lack of food, lack of medicine, lack of FREEDOM!

My family didn't come to the USA because it Cuba was bad, they left because it became bad and scary; leaving their lives and possessions, as well as friends and family members that couldn't leave.  The embargo didn't fail because it was wrong, it failed because useless idiots in Washington only let it really do what it was supposed to do.  Personally I have very few and distant relatives in Cuba, but I've known many that did and spent money they didn't have sending cash, clothing, food, medicine, electronics, and visiting, so that those back home could have a little bit of a better life - have a piece of the American Apple Pie.

I for one will celebrate that an ugly chapter of Cuban history is dead, and look forward to my "tocayo's" death and eventual fall of the communist government that has stifled progress for so long.  The only up side is that Fidel will be cremated and not embalmed like that lovely Lenin, or the fabulous Mao, or the sensational Chiang Kai-Shek; thought I'd end with a little sarcasm for those that still have a sense of humor.

Raúl Godoy