Subject: Re: Clara Petrella/Leontyne Price remasterings
From: James Bodge <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Tue, 22 Nov 2016 17:20:59 -0500

The story I heard was that the orchestra noted how well things were
going for RCA and everyone else, so the union asked for more money for
the third and last year of the contract - or else.    RCA  balked at
first and then gave in and paid the extra money - which the union
thought would be the gift that kept on giving.Wrong. RCA closed the
studio and went to London. NO money at all for the Rome musicians.

Jim Bodge

--
James Bodge

You only need two things: WD-40 and Duct Tape.  If something moves and
it shouldn't, use the Duct Tape.  If it won't move and it should, use
the WD-40.