Subject: Re: Fidelio from San Francisc
From: Vesna Danilovic <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sat, 26 Nov 2016 17:03:23 -0500

Hi Bob and list,

I agree with you, it was a wonderful broadcast. I was there last summer and
the experience was unforgettable, including Jovanovich's 'Gott!' (what a
Herculean entrance for tenors!). I was also awed with Nina Stemme and the
entire ensemble. Though this broadcast sounded slightly less overwhelming
(perhaps recorded on a different night?), it was still one of the best I've
heard. I would encourage anyone who loves this opera to hear it. It must be
that it's aired at different times on some stations, probably even tomorrow.

Best, Vesna