Subject: Re: E avanti a lui tremava tutta Cuba!
From: tom ponti <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sat, 26 Nov 2016 19:48:20 +0000

I was a bit older, but I never believed that Russia would risk a war with the US over Cuba, which is only 90 mile away from us and thousands of miles away from Russia.  After their first meetings the Russians thought Kennedy weak and thought they could get away with putting missals in Cuba.  When he finally showed some backbone, the Russians backed down, as I told people they would. Castro to the US is similar to Ireland to the English.  Both stood up to the greatest military powers of their time and were not defeated. The difference of course is, that Castro was the bad guy and the Irish were the good guys.  Hopefully, the Cuban people will soon have some form of democracy, in the near future.