Subject: Menotti
From: Ariane Csonka <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sat, 26 Nov 2016 08:45:36 -0500

So glad you speak of Menotti.  I have always thought him a genius.  Have you listened to the Telephone lately?  What could be more apropos and modern?  The Medium expressed the dilemma of the few actual psychics I Know (altho my acquaintance seems filled with psychos) who have flash insights, but cannot call them up at will.  Amelia al Ballo is a typical Palm Beacher.  And what could be timelier than "Papers"?  We have all experienced Magda's frustration, albeit to a minor degree, as we fill out interminable forms and try to recall passwords.
And his music is actually listenable, which damned him with the critics.
And, not that it matters, he was a charming, kind person.