Subject: Re: Nelson Eddy, etc. (formerly, OPERA/Lanza/Schmanza}
From: Hermine Stover <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 25 Nov 2016 17:17:26 -0800

>The silliest message in this string is the one in which it was
>claimed that Josef Schmidt was not an opera singer.  Does anyone
>know of any other tenor who would INTERPOLATE a high C in "Di quella
>pira"?  Case closed [ except for any J-A who wants to challenge the
>foregoing.  :)  ].

I had to lie down and SOB over this terrible thing said about Josef
Schmidt especially after remembering this:

If Lanza ever made a KAREER of being an opera singer, he would not
have been among my top 265 tenors. this may be a better way to put it.

A lot of people, many of whom we have probably never heard sing,
could possibly be marvellous opera singers.

Modify your settings: