Subject: Re: Menotti, The Consul, "To this we've come," sung by Eileen Farrell
From: Idia Legray <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 25 Nov 2016 19:06:38 -0500

...dated context, melodramatic histrionics?
Au contraire!
That scene is among the finest scenes in all of operadom.
Please I beg you to please watch Patricia Neway in the original and look at
her expressions -- an actor extraordinaire.
I was privileged to be there in person and I will never forget it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AIB9cGlLkm0