Subject: Re: Opera News Online
From: simon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Tue, 22 Nov 2016 15:14:54 -0500

"Opera News" pre-dated "Opera' by quite a few years; my father (Harold
Rosenthal, editor of Opera for many years) was writing some pieces for
Opera News at the end of the war - Opera wasn't founded until 1951, I think.

And yes, it's  much more erudite (and witty  too - I miss the late Rodney
Milnes' marvelous writing).

-Simon