Subject: Re: Troyens cut
From: janosG <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 25 Nov 2016 14:38:15 -0800

I understand there were these cuts too:

- A section of dance music in the Act 1 ceremonial section

- All of the dance music around "Gloire a Didon" in Act 3

- Two thirds of the dance music preceding the big  Act IV ensemble & love duet, including the section that provides the major music contrast in the act after the Royal Hunt & Storm.

We were fortunate in SF to have no cuts. With Runnicles' vigorous tempi, it all came in just under 5 hours...:)