Subject: Re: thoughts
From: Jon Goldberg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 25 Nov 2016 17:16:13 -0500

Both roles? There are four. The Narrator, the Son, the Father, and the Erlkonig. For me, the 3
treble roles aren't really differentiated enough, but then again I wouldn't want him to go
overboard into caricature either (he almost does in terms of the rather "Wicked Witch" edge
on the Erlkonig part).

I think what he tries to do is interesting, and though it's a bit of a "parlor stunt" perhaps, it's
fun, and hell, why shouldn't it be?

As much as I love this song, as a pianist my wrist always hurts a bit in sympathy whenever I
hear it, lol. I'm a little jealous of the pianists who can relax their wrists enough to really do all
those repeated octaves cleanly. That ain't easy. ;-)

On Fri, 25 Nov 2016 11:29:42 -0500, Tom Frey <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>This version by DQ Lee packs a dramatic punch / He not only sings both roles but vocally
acts out the text.