Subject: Re: OPERA/Lanza/Schmanza
From: Ellen Grinnell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 25 Nov 2016 13:48:10 -0800

Nelson Eddy sang  several roles at the San Francisco Opera, including
Amonasro (with Rethberg, Martinelli and Pinza) and Wolfram (with
Rethberg and Melchior) in the 30s.  I know I can't make you think of him
as an opera singer and I have no idea how he sounded, but that qualifies
him as one in my eyes.

--
Ellen Braner Grinnell