Subject: Re: Cuts in Chicago Lyric's Les Troyens
From: ANGELO MAMMANO <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 25 Nov 2016 16:33:54 -0500

I find it unfortunate that the LOC decided to omit the Trojan sentries duet
from Troyens.  I love the duet because it is the only real comic relief in a long
and of course magnificent work that I have loved for many years.  The tenor aria
that follows the duet is such a change from what comes before that I find
Enee's aria even more thrilling.  How much time was saved because of the
omission?  Give me a break!

Angelo from Boston