Subject: Re: Lanza/Bocelli
From: tom ponti <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 25 Nov 2016 21:32:35 +0000

LOL! I liked both of them for what they were, classically trained singers of pop and classical songs, as well as operatic arias. I do not consider either true opera singers as they hardly ever appeared in a complete operatic performance. I think that if it was not for his blindness, Bocelli could have performed as a light lyric tenor in smaller opera houses. I think that Mario did not have the desire, ambition or mental capacity to be an operatic tenor.  Who really knows?