Subject: Re: OPERA/Lanza/Schmanza
From: Bob Rideout <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 25 Nov 2016 15:36:10 -0500

Hi Tom

Their common recital literature included a huge number of "songs",
and Dawson was able to effectuvely sing G and Aflat at the top of
a two octave range. Among his most famous recordings is Iago's
"Credo" from Verdi's Otello. Yes, Dawson's placement was lower than
that of Thomas, but Dawson had no fear of the high lying tessitura that
he often sang, and in which he was most impressive.

Bob