Subject: Re: Boheme question
From: [log in to unmask]
Date:Thu, 24 Nov 2016 11:25:02 -0500

On Thu, November 24, 2016 9:13 am, Jon Goldberg wrote:
> I wonder if possibly the issue isn't in making it fall as much as it is in
> sweeping it up
> afterwards. You would think that wouldn't necessarily be such a big deal,
> but you never
> know...

I've always thought that to be the reason to have an intermission there at
all, but watching the Met's Boheme timelapse from a few years ago (which I
guess might have lacked the prescribed snow already), it looks like the
"floor" of the third act is canvas that folds up onto the wagon. So it has
to be cleaned up at some point, but it could mainly ride off left with the
rest of the set.

Maybe it's something to do with the revamp of the wagon system a few years
ago, although that was supposed to increase the production possibilities
rather than decrease them.

--scott