Subject: Re: All hail for HERODIADE at Washington Concert Opera (11-20-16)
From: Donald S <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 23 Nov 2016 21:55:53 -0700

Well, I'm sure figuratively the paint was peeled from the walls. Crespin had the biggest voice I've ever heard live. I heard her in Walkure with Nilsson as Brunnhilde and the mirror mirror on the wall, whose voice is biggest of all was definitely answered in the 3rd Act. It was Crespin. I never heard Gorr live but I hear her voice was of mammoth proportions. Tebaldi was another one with a gigantic sound. Biggest I've heard.  Jones, Crespin, Nilsson and Tebaldi. I'm sure there were others. As for Herodiade, there is some beautiful music, it's Massenet after all but not on my list of works in dire need of resuscitating.

Donald

Sent from my iPad