Subject: Herodiade
From: Dan Handshue <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 24 Nov 2016 00:00:50 +0000

Les - you might be thinking of the San Francisco production with Dolora Zajick in the title role, Fleming as Salome, Domingo as Jean, and Juan Pons as Herode. Can't remember who sang Fanuel, but he was quite good. It was recorded. I'm not sure what year it was, but I remember there was lots of nudity that season (they also did the Carsen Mefistofele) IIRC, the newspapers noted the casting of some of Broadway's finest. That's San Francisco's Broadway, home of Carol Doda - the Perfect 36 - and her imitators.

dan handshue
buffalodesign  | 1520 fourth ave suite 400 seattle  wa  98101 |  206  467  6306  |<>

Modify your settings: