Subject: Re: All hail for HERODIADE at Washington Concert Opera (11-20-16)
From: donald kane <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 23 Nov 2016 13:28:30 -0500

Are there any examples of a singer who ever had that
kind of clout?

HERODIADE has a few pleasant arias that deserve to be
featured ocasionally in recital, but even my LP highlights
starring Crespin, Gorr, Lance, Dens, and Pretre, which I
unearthed in response to the rave reviews of this revival,
didn't persuade me that I missed a forgotten masterpiece..

dtmk