Subject: Re: Opera News Online and OPERA magazine
From: Miguel A De Virgilio <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 23 Nov 2016 14:29:24 +0000

Simon,
I've been a subscriber to OPERA for the last 40 years. I have a question for you.
I'm a fan of Mario Lanza and wonder why OPERA never reviewed  one of his recitals/concerts.
In 1958 Lanza gave a concert at the Albert Hall and OPERA Didn't " review it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I wrote a letter to the OPERA editor asking why, and his response was "Lanza was not a bonafide Opera singer"
I wrote him back and said "Neither is Bocelli and you reviewed his concert"
Never got an answer back
Best regards
Miguel de Virgilio