Subject: Re: Boheme question
From: "Max D. Winter" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 28 Nov 2016 21:42:30 -0500

Idia Legray wrote:

"I cannot understand how they can repair a sophisticated Rheingold mechanism but cannot
make that snow to fall which really makes a stunning and plaintive visual in the 3rd act."

The most "stunning" snow visual I ever saw on stage was during a performance of Boheme in
Dallas years ago.  Snow was supposed to be falling gently in Act III.  Unfortunately, someone
in the flies must have overturned a bucket or something, because all of a sudden a huge lump
of snowflakes came down right on the head of one of the supers at the city gate.  It looked
like someone had plastered him with a snowball.

MDW