Subject: Re: Nelson Eddy, etc. (formerly, OPERA/Lanza/Schmanza}
From: donald kane <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 28 Nov 2016 21:11:19 -0500

What has always bothered me about Shortnin Bread is not how
well it was or was not sung, but that anyone should bother to
sing it at all.  Catchy tunes are irresistable, for a time ; they come
and, thankfully, they go.

PHANTOM OF THE OPERA, with Nelson Eddy, Susanna Foster,
and the incomparable Claude Rains, is  one the very greatest of all
musical films, infinitely superior to any other cinematic or stage
version, and Sharon Rich's contribution about Eddy's operatic career
is the kind of thing that makes Operalist worthwhile

 I wish someone would put his Twelve Days Of Christmas on Youtube.

dtmk