Subject: Re: Elizabeth Grummer
From: RAYMOND GOUIN <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 28 Nov 2016 18:32:28 -0500

There are some performances that you never forget.  One for me is Grummer's Met debut in Boston in Lohengrin with the Met on tour which I wrote about earlier.  Here was this idealized young girl on stage, portrayed by Grummer then age 56.   I was not alone in shock at her discovery.  Everyone was talking about her during the intermissions.  I can still clearly see her in my mind's eye fifty years later.

Best.

Ray