Subject: Re: Clara Petrella/Leontyne Price remasterings
From: Bob Rideout <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Tue, 22 Nov 2016 18:51:23 -0500

G'd Evening

Prandelli was a marvelous singer, who, quite different from the
cathartic Clara Petrella, was an International star. He sang in
many of the most important theaters, including 31 performances of
seven roles at the Met. He is Rodolfo on Tebaldi's first "Boheme"
recording, as well as "Tabarro" with Gobbi, "Mefistofele" with Christoff,
and at least 20 live performances preserved on CD or tape. Tebaldi
was a major partner in his recorded legacy. A few of the theaters in which
he appeared would include, Scala, Rome, Napoli-San Carlo, Venezia,  San
Francisco, Los Angeles, Chicago, Lisbon, London, Paris and, and, and.

He was a beautiful stylist, who, at his best was the equal of Cesare
Valletti,
and was able to sing a few roles whose vocal demands, like Maurizio,
were beyond Valletti. Two truly wonderful Italian lyric tenors, who
triumphed
in the post WWII years.

Bob