Subject: Re: Elizabeth Grummer
From: Stephen Charitan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 28 Nov 2016 10:37:43 -0500

I think my favorite Dove Sono has to be Margaret Price - such absolute
purity and beauty of tone as well as agility to burn - including a real
trill - something often skimmed over in this very demanding piece.

The following is from her Mozart aria collection which also includes my
favorite "Marten aller arten..." - There is inherent majesty as well as an
aristocratic dignity  in both the sound and execution.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qjK6-DkfXNw

I'm with Les regarding his "We are Citizens of the World" post.  The list
always returns to Opera in the end, but it is informative to see how our
membership reacts to major world events...