Subject: Re: Fidel Castro
From: Alain Letort <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 28 Nov 2016 00:20:34 -0500

On 26 November 2016, Jason Victor Serinus wrote in part :

“Fidel Castro got rid of his enemies via the firing squad? You've been
watching two [sic] many performances of Tosca. It never happened.”

This last statement is simply untrue.  One of my earliest childhood memories
was seeing, on TV news broadcasts, gruesome scenes of multiple executions by
firing squads in the months following Castro’s takeover of Cuba.  These took
place well into 1960, and again after the botched Bay of Pigs invasion in
1961.  I saw this footage both on U.S. TV and and French TV news broadcasts,
so I do not doubt their authenticity for one second.

I have never forgotten this, as those ghastly scenes are permanently
scorched into my brain.

Also, I totally agree with those Listers who reported on how pathetic is the
“free” medical care available to the masses in Cuba.  I have read numerous
reports and seen many photos corroborating what they said.

One of the persons in the world I hate the most — even though she is now
dead and I hope roasting in hell — is the monkey-faced Danièle Mitterrand,
wife of France’s disastrous president for 14 years (1981-1995) François
Mitterrand, who relentlessly nagged her husband to invite Fidel Castro to a
state dinner at the beautiful Élysée Palace in Paris, former home of the
Marquise de Pompadour and the Duchesse de Bourbon, thereby allowing that
fatigue-clad mass murderer to sit his blood-soaked posterior on the
exquisite blue watered-silk gilded Louis XV armchairs of the presidential
office.

It made me throw up.

Cheers and all the best,

Alain