Subject: Seattle Symphony to perform Elgar's Dream of Gerontius
From: Jason Victor Serinus <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sun, 27 Nov 2016 21:11:31 -0800

http://www.seattletimes.com/entertainment/classical-music/
uplifting-music-deep-themes-seattle-symphony-to-perform-
elgars-dream-of-gerontius/

Uplifting music, deep themes: Seattle Symphony to perform Elgar’s ‘Dream of
Gerontius’
By
Jason Victor Serinus
<http://www.seattletimes.com/author/jason-victor-serinus/>
<http://twitter.com/JVSerinus>
Special to The Seattle Times

One of the pillars of the English choral tradition, Sir Edward Elgar’s “The
Dream of Gerontius,” returns to Seattle in time for Christmas. The
100-minute oratorio, one of Elgar’s supreme achievements, resounds as a
major affirmation of the Roman Catholic belief in the final judgment, and
the purging of sin and potential deliverance that follow death. <snip>
---
Jason Victor Serinus http://www.jasonserinus.com     Whistler
Extraordinaire: **The Voice of Woodstock • The Pavarotti of Pucker**
Music and audiophile critic: Seattle Times, Port Townsend Leader,
Stereophile, Listen, San Francisco Classical Voice, Bay Area Reporter, Gay
City News, American Record Guide, Classical Voice North America, Stanford
Live, Opera Now, Copper, and more

"Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the
tormentor, never the tormented.” — Elie Wiesel

“This is a time to remember all of us who are LGBTQ. It’s a time to stand
out and be proud, to parade who we are, to celebrate and to let them know
we will not be silenced, we will not be stopped, we will not go back into
the closet. Together, we will love.” — JVS at our Orlando Massacre Support
Rally in Port Townsend, WA