Subject: Fidel-io and other opera topics
From: Mark Schubin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sun, 27 Nov 2016 19:09:02 -0500

I'm sure there is plenty to say about opera, past and present, in
Cuba. There is an opera called Cubanacan, in which Fidel is a
character. I'm a big fan of opera technical director Antonio Meucci,
who moved from Teatro della Pergola in Florence to Teatro Tacon in
Havana, where he began working on the telephone in 1849. Pedro Ramos,
who was responsible for the first all-Cuban triple play in Major
League Baseball, used to play for a Cuban team called La Opera. There
is a tasty dessert called Cuban Opera Cake. There have been Cuban
opera composers, conductors, directors, and singers.

So, might we move back to opera, please?

Thanks!

TTFN,
Mark