Subject: Re: Fidel Castro
From: "ls111553 ." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 28 Nov 2016 00:06:53 +0000

As usual. No arguments to justify the Castro dictatorship, other than US
bashing. Evil is no one's monopoly. The "cruel blockade" mantra is of
Fidel's own coining, but it has grown rather outmoded nowadays. You seem to
be stuck in 1970's leftist-chic lingo, which is kind of a dead end, since
most of its sources have dried out.

Of course the embargo responded to US corporate interests! Fidel seized
("nationalized" to you, "stole" to me) all forms of private enterprise in
the island, with no repayment, American, European and most of all:
Cuban-owned. The embargo was his catch-all excuse for having wiped out what
had been one of the three top Latin American economies until 1959. While
the US remains Cuba's fourth or fifth trading partner to this day -mostly
food products- nothing has ever kept Cuba from doing business with just
about any other country in the world. Nothing, but a dismal credit history,
all of Fidel's own doing.